Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Things are looking up, somewhat.

On the weekend, rae and I did a demo class for a new franchise way out in the suburbs. It was the standard fare of giving a class with an exagerated enthusiasm. The point is to make them like me so that they sign up. By the time they realise I am not going to be their teacher it is too late, they have already paid their money. Anyway there we met a guy who had studied and worked in Canada for four years. He was similar to Max in that he was an open-minded Chinese person. Patriotic, but not mindlessly so. He reaffirmed my faith in humanity and of the inteligence of the Chinese upper class, the ones who see the world beyond the propaganda.

Just now, I am having an msn conversation with roger. He is repeating all of the "China must rule the world" shit that made me hate this place to begin with. Now, I know that he is a special case, but it is really upseting.

I am happy that Rae and I are planning on getting the fuck out of here, if only for a short time. I don't think I could ever love this country. I am starting to wonder if I can like it. It will take a lot more people like Max and a lot fewer people like roger if I will.

Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home