Monday, December 11, 2006

Two exams done, one more to go. Things are actually going quite well. Although I can't say anything for sure at this point, I think I did pretty well on both the finance and micro exams. I now doubt very much that I have failed either of those classes. The preparation for these exams has been far more intense than anything I have ever done before. I can't help but think about how much I could learn if I studied like this all the time. On friday I have my last exam, econometrics. It might be the hardest one of all... but I have three days to prepare, on top of the four days I put in last week. I am not scared.

This last week has been spent pretty much entirely in the library. There, I like to sit at the big shared tables near the window. I find that it gives me more motivation to study, or at least that the public shame of goofing off prevents me from doing so. What has surprised me most about the library is that most people are not there do get work done. Most people bring their laptops and spend their time on facebook and MSN, having their notes open as an alibi. Seeing this, I never bring my own laptop for fear of distraction.

I am very much looking forward to going back to Vancouver on Saturday. There are so many people that I am looking forward to seeing, so much Vancouver I am looking forward to experiencing. I am still thinking about debate worlds that will be going on from the 27th to the 3rd. Of course it is far too late to register as a debator, but I am still hesitating as to whether I should try to sign up as a judge. I think on balance I don't want to spend all of my time on some debate event, but I hope I can still get out to a few socials anyway... maybe I should try to contact some people...

Well... I should get started on econometrics... as fun as that will be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home