Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ok, I think I am over it. I know my job is not super rewarding or interesting, but I can still manage to live a perfectly happy life anyway.

In the time since my last post, I made a concerted effort to get out more, see friends and do things so that I don't feel so terribly bored. On tuesday of last week I went for a good all you can eat sushi lunch with Ashley. It was kinda cool to leave work and do something fun like that. It really made me forget that I was working at all.

Wednesday night I met up with Ashley again, but this time with Scott aswell. While we were having a drink in my apartment, Rachel's former roommate came by with some money that he owed me. I took it as a great opportunity to enjoy, so I said I would put it all $60 of it towards our dinner and drinks that night (hehe, lots of face for me...) . We went to Wilson's steak house, which is owned by Scott's boss, the MP for West Van et. al. and had some good burgers and other stuff. One year ago we were all students, and now we were all office people. It is hard to say if it is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is definately a different stage. That night, on the walk down to Wilson's I broke my cheap Chinese dress shoes. I was pretty upset about that because, even though they were only $10, they were pretty nice and I didn't want to have to buy new ones.

Rae came over for most of the weekend. On friday night we had decided that we would cook dinner for eachother. The problem was that my roommates were around so it was not very romantic. They were in the dining area, around the table speaking Spanish. After dinner, where she cooked Korean hot pot and I cooked curry, we went out to rent some movies. We decided on "Brokeback Mountain" and "The Meaning of Life". To our dismay, when we got back to my place, I discovered that I didn't have the key. After we managed to slip in behind someone else to get through the front door, we went up to my apartment only to find it locked. We then spent the next 3.5 hours sitting by the apartment door waiting for my roommates to come back. In that time, we talked...

Saturday we went for a walk and then watched Brokeback Mountain. Brokeback Mountain is a great movie. It is definately deserving of all the praise it gets. The acting is very real and the characters are so believeable.

On Sunday, Rae and I went to Kintaro for ramen noodles. That place is also pretty great. After Rae went home, I went shopping with Rachel. I hadn't been to Sunrise in a long time and I was happy to stock up on veggies and rice, things which I had not been eating much of since I moved back downtown. Sunday night Dima came over with his friend and we played ping pong. Even though I thought I had improved, Dima still beat me every time we played. I think I should practice more and learn how to serve well...

Monday after work I got a text message from my friend Paul. He said that he was finished his last paper and invited me over for a drink. I was happy to oblige. We had a good time playing pack man and drinking er guo tou alcohol. Around 10, his friend came over and we all went out to the liquor store. It was at this point that it struck me how much freedom students have. While they could keep drinking at 11, I had to think about going home and getting up in the morning, but I guess the the bright side is that I don't have to write any exams.

Last night, Rae and met me after work. We went for a walk along English Bay and then went home and watched "The Meaning of Life".

My sister calls, I am off to my Aunt's seder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home