Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So I was just reading Savage Love and they were printing a letter from the editor of The Economist. Two of my favorite publications, together at last.

So I am in Ottawa now. It is really pleasant here. I don't know if it is too interesting, but definately pleasant, the kind of place that would be good for raising kids. I only wish Rae had been able to come here with me to see it.

Yesterday I went with my mother to see her friend Naomi and her friend who is a visiting professor from China. I think the only reason that my mother brought me along was for my mom to have the opportunity to show off my language skills, but it was a nice visit anyway. The woman wants her son to stay in Canada and get a Canadian education, but she is not sure how to go about doing that. Tonight, we will try to figure out a way to help her.

Yesterday night we saw Bruno's kids. They seemed quite well. Both Patrick and Emily have lots of friends in their neighbourhood and Anne-Marie has gotten much bigger and is talking much more. Bruno also seems to be doing well. My mother has been worried about Patrick for a long time, but he seems to be quite bright and hopefully he will stay on the straight and narrow. We all had a good time skating on the canal last night after dinner. It was a beautiful night and it reminded me of how pleasant Ottawa is. The only thing missing was Rae, who was supposed to have joined me here. I think she really would have enjoyed a moonlight skate and a beaver tail.

This morning my mother and I had breakfast with my mother's friend Henny. I found out from her that her son, Jared will still be a Queens next year. This is great news for me because I might be there aswell and it would be nice to have a friend.

Just now, I saw my friend Helena online. She goes to school at Carleton, here in Ottawa and we arranged to meet last night. Helena is a friend of mine from high school. One of the very few people who I knew at Britannia and even fewer that I have kept in touch with. She is just back from a semester in Japan so I am sure she has interesting things to say.

Tomorrow I am going back to Vancouver. The first thing I am going to do is head up to Cypress to go snowboarding with Rae's family. I hope a 5 hour flight doesn't put me off too much.

I put out a bunch of resumes last night for jobs I saw posted on Craig's list. I think I am quite qualified for most of them. I am waiting for responces...

time for lunch...

Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home