Sunday, March 18, 2007

In the spirit of posting more often, I will put up a new post tonight despite the low quality.

It was a good weekend. I guess it started a bit early with poker with the MA guys on Thursday. Friday started a bit late but was still fairly productive, taking in a lecture by a prof from Washington university and then later cracking the macro book for the first time in a little while. Saturday was St. Patrick's day, the drinking holiday. At around 3:30 I went out to the toucan to meet up with the MA guys. It was all the usual suspects and at around 7 Juan, who had dropped out of the program in November, showed up. It was cool to see him because he was always a fun guy to have around. At around 9:30 Ewan got kicked out of the bar for throwing a beer at Greg so we went to find a bar that would let us throw drinks at eachother. At shoeless we had some food and a few more rounds as I tried to get Leo drunk. Then, around midnight or 1 am just as I was about to go home, Marcel and Celeste dragged me to Ale House, as usual... I stayed there until late then I went to A&P across the street to do some grocery shopping before going home to sleep. Today I had another late start but made it to the library for a few hours going through derivatives and some Chinese lessons. Tonight I had dinner with Sarah which went well. I think that we can be friends and that there won't be too much wierdness at nats.

There is just over one month until exams - probably my last set of exams ever. I have been a student for almost my entire life. I have to be sure to live the last of my student life to the fullest. Come July, there will be no more staying up until 2 on a Sunday to write a blog post... This week is also my last week of tetris until exams. I will have to catch up on everything that we have gone through this entire semester before I can even start preparing for exams in ernest. This is especially true for macro which looks to be a serious challenge. The Romer book is definately not getting any less dense...

My birthday is coming up on friday. Not sure what I am going to do yet. The debate tournament is having a party at the Ale house that night... I might invite some econ people to that and watch the two worlds collide... or maybe I will do something else. Ashley will be in town for the weekend and she is always up for a good time. There really is no avoiding it at this point, 24 is an adult. A young adult, to be sure, but definately an adult. The time has been passing so fast. I am reminded of some words of wisdom passed on to my by my uncle (father's cousin... is that an uncle or a cousin?)

Randy - "how old are you?"
me - "19"
Randy - "19 huh... it is going to be a long time until you are 21 and then a short fucking time until you are 50"

Maybe that is true. I am almost half way to 50 and every year does seem to pass more quickly than the last. I now have to think about how many years ago certain non-childhood events happened. I look at most of the undergrads here and think "I remember when"... Maybe I am just thinking this because school is almost done and I will start working soon... Maybe I am just rambling because it is late...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use some of the information from this blog post right above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Thomas

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use part of the information from your blog post right above if I give a backlink back to your website?

Thanks,
Jack

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home